The following glossary sums up EKumi’s main concepts and define the terms used throughout this documentation.
- A single unit of work. A task takes inputs, performs some operation and then produces outputs. A task may neither take any input nor produce any output.
- A collection of tasks, which is also considered as a task. The terms “workflow” and “activity” are equivalent.
- A typed value that is given to a task before it is executed.
- A typed value that is produced by the execution of a task.
- A type that determines the values that can be associated to an input or an output.